Nutella-stuffed Mini Pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs yolks and whites separated
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and room temperature
- Cooking spray
- Combine the flour sugar baking powder and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl whisk the egg yolks then add the milk and butter. Add the flour mixture and whisk until well combined but still lumpy.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Add 1/3 of the egg whites to the batter and gently fold to combine. Add the remaining egg whites and gently fold until just combined.
- Spray an ebelskiver pan with cooking spray and place on a stove set to medium heat. Once the pan is warm spoon about 2 tablespoons of batter into each well. Dollop about 1 teaspoon of Nutella into the center of each well – placing the Nutella in a piping bag makes this MUCH easier! Spoon enough batter on top to seal the pancakes closed.
- Once the surface begins to bubble flip over the pancakes using two skewers so that the cooked side is facing up. Cook until the bottom turns golden brown.
- Transfer the pancakes to a plate and enjoy!
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE