No-bake Cherry Yum Yum
- 1 1/4 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 6 T. unsalted butter melted
- Cream Cheese Mixture:
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese softened
- 1/2 c. confectioners sugar
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 2 c. whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 T. granulated sugar
- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
- Prepare the Crust:
- In a bowl combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Blend with a fork until crumbs are moistened.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of crumbs to sprinkle on the top.
- Press crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9×9-inch pan that s been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare the Cream Cheese Mixture:
- With an electric mixer cream together softened cream cheese 1/2 cup confectioners sugar and almond extract until smooth.
- In a separate bowl whip the whipping cream 3 tablespoons granulated sugar and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- By hand mix together whipped cream and cream cheese mixture until well combined.
- Assemble the Yum Yum Layers:
- Spread a little less than half the cream cheese/whipped cream mixture evenly over the crust.
- Drop cherry pie filling by large spoonfuls on top of the cream cheese layer. Gently spread cherry pie filling evenly over the cream cheese layer.
- Top cherry layer with the remaining cream cheese/whipped cream mixture. Gently spread it evenly over the cherry layer covering it completely.
- Sprinkle the top with the 2 tablespoons reserved graham cracker crumbs.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight before serving.
TRACEY S NOTES
- I buy the premium cherry pie filling so there are more cherries in the Yum Yum cherry layer.
- 1/3-less fat cream cheese works just fine in this recipe.
- You can substitute an 8 ounce container of Cool Whip non-dairy whipped topping for the homemade whipped cream in the cream cheese mixture if you d like.
- We like our Yum Yum and its layers thick! And that s just how this recipe turns out – nice thick creamy layers. We recommend doubling the recipe for a 9×13 pan. You could stretch this recipe to a 9×13 pan but the layers will be very thin (and you would probably need to double the crust portion for it to adequately cover the bottom of the pan).
- This article and recipe adapted from this site