Mini Death By Chocolate Cheesecakes
INGREDIENTSFOR THE CHEESECAKES
- 12 Oreos
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 1/2 (8-oz.) blocks cream cheese softened
- 1/3 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips melted
FOR THE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- 1/4 c. chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp. heavy cream
FOR THE CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM
- 3/4 c. heavy cream
- 3 tbsp. chocolate syrup
- 1 (1.55-oz) Hershey s bar broken into small pieces for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
- Make crust: In a large resealable plastic bag or a food processor fitted with a metal blade crush or blend Oreos until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a bowl and pour in melted butter. Stir until crumbs are completely coated and moistened. Press about 1 tablespoon of crumb mixture into the bottom of each liner.
- Make cheesecake: In a large bowl using a hand mixer (or in the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment) beat cream cheese sugar flour cocoa powder and salt until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat until well combined. Fold in melted chocolate.
- Pour cheesecake filling over crust in prepared liners. Bake cheesecakes until only slightly jiggly in the center 12 to 14 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then transfer to a rack to cool completely. Refrigerate until cold at least 1 hour.
- Make chocolate ganache: Once cheesecakes are cold add chocolate chips and heavy cream to a microwave-safe dish. Microwave in 10-second intervals until chocolate is melted; stir until smooth and creamy. Spread about 1 tablespoon chocolate sauce on top of each cheesecake. Return to refrigerator to let chocolate sauce set about 10 more minutes.
- Make chocolate whipped cream: In a large bowl beat heavy cream with chocolate syrup just until stiff peaks form about 4 minutes. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a star tip. Top each cheesecake with chocolate whipped cream and garnish with a piece of chocolate.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE