Italian Fresh Cream Lemon Cake
- 7 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 cups + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch teaspoon salt
- 3 whole eggs (large)
- 1 egg yolk (large)
- 1 3/4 cups icing/powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup whole/heavy or whipping cream
- 1 zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons icing / powdered sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350° (180° celsius). Lightly grease and flour a 9 1/2 inch bundt cake pan (24 cm) (I m sure a 9 inch round cake pan would work)
- Melt butter and let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour baking powder and salt set aside.
- In a large bowl beat on medium speed eggs and sugar until light and fluffy
- Gently fold with a spatula the flour mixture alternating with the cream into the egg mixture keep folding until mixture is completely combined then gently fold in the zest vanilla melted butter and lemon juice.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for approximately 35-40 minutes. Let cool completely then dust with powdered/icing sugar. Enjoy!
Read Full Recipe >>>> Click Here