Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (4-pound) whole roasting chicken
- 1 lemon halved
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- In a small bowl combine salt pepper thyme paprika oregano onion powder and garlic powder.
- Remove giblets and excess fat from the chicken cavity. Dry chicken thoroughly with paper towels. Season chicken and chicken cavity with salt mixture. Stuff cavity with lemon.
- Set 6-qt Instant Pot® to the high saute setting. Add canola oil and chicken breast side down and cook until evenly golden brown about 4-5 minutes. Using tongs flip and cook for an additional 4 minutes; set aside.
- Place metal trivet into the pot and add chicken stock. Gently place chicken on top of the trivet. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 28 minutes. When finished cooking naturally release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions about 20-30 minutes. Let rest 10-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here