Instant Pot Low-carb Cheesecake
- 16 oz Cream Cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp Granulated Swerve
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Fresh Orange Zest dried zest results in a chunky texture
- Zest of 1 Small Lemon
- 3 Eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt full-fat
- 2 tsp Granulated Swerve
- Using a 6 (or 7 maximum) push pan or springform pan take a strip of parchment paper slightly taller than the sides of the pan (a pan with a height of at least 2.5 is best) and line all the way around the perimeter of the pan. Very lightly oil the bottom of the pan. Wrap a piece of foil around the bottom of the pan. Since we re not using a crust this will help insure that no water gets into the cheesecake and no cheesecake seeps out of the pan. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or hand-held mixer blend together cream cheese Swerve heavy cream lemon and orange peels and vanilla until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time very gently mixing until just combined. Do not over mix the eggs otherwise you re cheesecake will be lumpy not creamy.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pan. Lay a paper towel on top of the pan and gently wrap a piece of tin foil over the top to hold the foil in place. This is why the parchment needs to be taller than the pan. Set aside.
- Pour 1-1/2 cups of water into the inner liner pot of the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker (use 2 cups for the 8qt models). Place the trivet in the water with the handles up.
- Take a long piece of tinfoil and fold it in thirds creating a sling. Place the cheesecake on the center of the foil sling and very gently lift it up using the long piece of foil. Place it into the Instant Pot on the trivet. Leave the sling in the pot.
- Put the lid on the pressure cooker and set the valve to Sealing . Press the Manual button and increase the time to 37 minutes.
- While the cheesecake is cooking prepare the topping. Mix the Topping ingredients and set aside.
- When the cycle ends let the Instant Pot naturally release pressure (DO NOT open the valve and do a Quick Pressure Release) for 18 minutes. Open the valve and remove the lid when all pressure is released.
- Carefully lift the cheesecake out of the Instant Pot with the foil sling. Remove the foil and paper towel from the top. If any liquid has accumulated on top of the cheesecake very gently dab it off with a paper towel.
- While the cheesecake is still hot (and it s okay if there s a slight jiggle to it in the middle) spread the topping over it.
- Replace the paper towel/foil lid on the cheesecake and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- When completely cooled release the outer spring ring of the pan or if using a push pan push the bottom up out of the pan and remove the out layer of parchment. Cut into 8 slices and serve chilled.
- Prep Time includes the cooling time. Hands-on prep time is about 10 minutes.
- Cook Time does not include the time it takes to get to pressure. This is usually only about 5 minutes for me.
- Recipe and method adapted from This Old Gal.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE