Hot Chocolate Lasagna
IngredientsFor Oreo Crust:
- 36 Oreo cookies-ground
- ½ cup unsalted butter-melted
Hot Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse Layer:
- ½ cup unsalted butter-softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese-softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 (0.73 oz) envelops of instant hot cocoa mix (milk chocolate flavor)
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
Chocolate Pudding Layer: 2 (3.8 oz.) chocolate instant pudding mix2 ¾ cups milk1 cup mini marshmallowsTopping:
- 1 ¼ cups heavy whipping cream (or 2 ½ cups whipped cream)
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Chocolate topping or Nutella for serving
- To make the crust place whole Oreo cookies with the filling in a food processor and ground in fine crumbs. Stir in melted butter and press the mixture in the bottom of 13 x 9 inches casserole dish. Place in the fridge or freezer to firm while making next layer.
- To make Hot Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse Layer beat softened butter and cream cheese with vanilla and powdered sugar until creamy and smooth.
- In another bowl beat heavy whipping cream and instant milk chocolate powder until stiff peaks form. Fold half of hot chocolate whipped cream in cheesecake mixture then fold in another half ( scrape well the bottom of the bowl to incorporate everything well). Then spread over the crust and set in the fridge or freezer to firm.
- For pudding layer in a bowl whisk instant chocolate pudding mix and milk until it starts thickening. Stir in mini marshmallows and spread over hot chocolate mousse layer. Place in the fridge or freezer to set.
- When pudding layer has set make whipped cream. Beat heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread whipped cream on top of pudding layer and place in the fridge for a few hours or better overnight.
- Before serving scatter 2 cups of mini marshmallows over whipped cream.
- Serve drizzled with melted chocolate Nutella or chocolate topping.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.
NotesHot Chocolate Lasagna is the best next day when it firms completely overnight in the fridge. You can make it 2-3 days ahead but I suggest to make chocolate pudding layer without marshmallows because marshmallows mixed in pudding became soggy after a few days in the fridge.Base Recipe adapted from this SITE