Homemade Cherry Pie Bars
IngredientsFor the bars:
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 21 oz cans cherry pie filling
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°f.
- In a large bowl cream butter sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Gradually add flour.
- Spread 3 cups dough into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Spread with pie filling.
- Drop remaining dough by teaspoonfuls over filling. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl mix powdered sugar extracts and enough milk to reach desired consistency; drizzle over top.
This article and recipe adapted from this site