Healthy Teriyaki Chicken & Broccoli
- 3 organic chicken breasts cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cups broccoli steamed
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (or liquid aminos)
- 3 Tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger (grated fresh or dried)
- 2 teaspoon corn starch
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds *optional
- Whisk all of teriyaki sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- On medium heat in a cast-iron skillet brown chicken in oil until cooked on all sides and slightly crispy. *If pan isn t hot enough the chicken will steam so make sure pan is hot but not burning.*
- Add teriyaki sauce to cooked chicken and stir for 1 to 2 minutes for sauce to thicken.
- Stir in broccoli with chicken and sauce. Serve over rice with sprinkled sesame seeds and enjoy!
- What to Serve with Teriyaki Chicken
- You can serve teriyaki chicken over white or brown rice or quinoa. To get more veggies into your recipe add sautéed peppers or carrots in with your chicken. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and sliced green onion!
Extra Tips for Making Teriyaki Chicken
- For the protein in this recipe you can use chicken breasts cutlets or boneless/skinless thighs.
- Other natural sweeteners you can use if you don t have coconut sugar – agave honey or maple syrup.
- Make this recipe for meal prep – store in sealed containers over rice/quinoa and enjoy throughout the week.
- Add extra vegetables to your teriyaki chicken like sautéed carrots (shredded or sliced) cauliflower mushrooms or sliced peppers.
This article and recipe adapted from this site