Healthy Egg Salad
- 6 eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbs parsley finely diced
- 2 tbs chives finely diced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Then turn the heat to low so there s no bubbles. Use a skimmer to slowly and gently place the eggs in the pot. Turn the heat back to high and boil the eggs for 12 minutes.
- Transfer the eggs to an ice water bath for a few minutes to stop the cooking process and cool.
- Once your eggs are cool to touch peel and discard the eggs shells.
- Cut the hard boiled eggs to your desired size (I prefer chunky).
- Add the eggs red onion chives parsley mayonnaise Dijon mustard and lemon juice to bowl and stir all ingredients together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve on its own or in a wrap and enjoy!
This article and recipe adapted from this site