Healthy Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 cup quick oats (100g)
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar lightly packed (240g)
- 3/4 cup 0% plain Greek yogurt (155g)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (115g)
- 1/4 cup canola oil (50g)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (260g)
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (300g)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine oats and hot water in a medium bowl and let sit for 5-10 minutes while you prepare the rest of the batter.
- In a large bowl whisk brown sugar yogurt applesauce oil eggs and vanilla together until smooth.
- Add baking powder baking soda cinnamon and salt and whisk until smooth.
- Add soaked oats and stir until evenly distributed.
- Add flour and berries and stir just until combined — don t overmix!
- Lightly grease a muffin pan and fill 24 muffin cups 3/4 full and bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here