Grilled California Avocado Chicken
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 avocados diced
- 3 roma tomatoes diced (any tomato will work)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- salt and pepper
- balsamic vinegar for drizzling optional
- In a [url:1]medium sized bowl[/url] whisk the balsamic vinegar honey garlic olive oil italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Add the chicken breasts and coat. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a [url:2]small bowl[/url] add the avocado tomato basil and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Heat the grill to medium high heat. [url:3]Grill[/url] the chicken on each side about 6 minutes or until cooked throughout and no longer pink. Top with mozzarella cheese and avocado tomato basil mixture. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve immediately.
This article and recipe adapted from this site