Greek Chicken Marinade
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice Fresh
- 1 tbsp Garlic Finely chopped or Paste
- 1 tsp Ginger Finely chopped or Paste
- 1 tbsp Oregano Dried
- 1 tsp Rosemary Dried
- 1 tsp Thyme Dried
- 1 tsp Parsley Dried
- 1/2 tsp Paprika or Red chili flakes Optional
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 4 Chicken breasts
- In a large mixing bowl mix together olive oil lemon juice garlic ginger dried herbs salt pepper and paprika (optional)
- Add chicken breasts and mix them around making sure they are fully coated in the marinade
- Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour to a maximum of 8 hours.
- When you are ready to grill use tongs to remove chicken breasts from the marinade and place them on a hot grill. Grill each side for 6-7 minutes OR until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- While grilling baste chicken with leftover marinade a few times. Make sure to cook the leftover marinade and reduce it first.
- Remove chicken breasts from grill and place them on a serving dish.
- Garnish with chopped fresh basil.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes and enjoy!
This article and recipe adapted from this site