Extra Rich And Creamy Cheesecake
IngredientsFor the Crust:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 7 tablespoons butter melted
For the Creamy Cheesecake:
- 5 blocks of full-fat cream cheese (40 ounces total) softened to room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs plus 3 egg yolks at room temperature
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
InstructionsFor the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Lightly spray a 9 springform pan with non-stick spray.
- Wrap the bottom and sides of the pan with heavy duty tinfoil. I recommend doing several diligent layers here to ensure no water creeps through when you place the pan in the water bath. Set pan aside.
- In a large bowl combine graham cracker crumbs sugar and melted butter; stir well to combine. Firmly pat the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes. Place partially baked crust on a cooling rack and set aside while you prepare the filling.
For the Creamy Cheesecake Filling:
- In the body of a high power blender food processor stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment or in a very large bowl using a hand held mixer beat the softened cream cheese until completely smooth scraping the bowl as needed.
- Add sugar and vanilla and beat smooth scraping down the sides and bottom of bowl as needed. Add in the eggs and yolks one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add in the cream and beat until it s just incorporated in the batter.
- Pour filling into prepared crust and using a silicon spatula smooth the top.
- Place the cheesecake pan into a large deep pan. Fill the pan with 2 inches of hot water. This is your water bath and will help ensure your cheesecake comes out crack free.
- Carefully place the pan in the oven and bake for 1 hour. Turn oven off and let the cheesecake sit undisturbed for 30 minutes inside the oven with the door shut. The cheesecake should be still slightly wiggly.
- Remove cake from oven and gently run a knife very around the edge of the cake. Place the cheesecake on a cooling rack and cool completely then loosely cover the pan with saran wrap and chill for at least 8 hours.
- Cheesecake will keep covered in the fridge for 5 days. Cheesecake may be frozen for 2 months. Thaw overnight before slicing.
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here