Easy Slow Cooker Taco Pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 15 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup jarred salsa I used mild
- 15 ounce can corn drained
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning I use this easy recipe
- 2 ½ cups water or low sodium chicken broth I used one 14.5 ounce can chicken broth plus enough water to total 2 ½ cups
- 12 ounces shell pasta shapes whole grain or white
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook the meat stirring often until browned. Transfer beef to slow cooker.
- Add the bell pepper crushed tomatoes salsa corn taco seasoning and broth or water. Stir.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
- Stir in the pasta. Cook on high for 10-20 minutes. Pasta cook time will vary by slow cooker begin checking for doneness at 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese and serve.
This article and recipe adapted from this site