Easy Rosemary Garlic White Bean Soup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil ($0.32)
- 4 cloves garlic ($0.32)
- 3 15 oz. cans cannellini beans ($1.47)
- 2 cups vegetable (or chicken) broth ($0.26)
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary ($0.05)
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme ($0.02)
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper ($0.02)
- freshly cracked pepper to taste ($0.03)
- Before you begin pour one of the cans of cannellini beans (with its liquid) into a blender and purée until smooth. Drain the other two cans of beans.
- Mince the garlic and add it to a soup pot with the olive oil. Sauté the garlic over medium for about one minute or just until the garlic is very fragrant.
- Add the puréed cannellini beans the other two cans of drained beans broth rosemary thyme crushed red pepper and some freshly cracked pepper. Stir to combine.
- Place a lid on the pot turn the heat up to medium-high and bring the soup to a boil. Once boiling turn the heat down to medium low remove the lid and allow it to simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Smash the beans slightly to thicken the soup even more. Taste the soup and add salt if needed (I did not add any this will depend on the salt content of your broth). Serve hot with crusty bread for dipping!
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE