Easy Paprika Chicken & Rice Bake
Ingredientsfor 5 servings
- 5 chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- ½ cup red onion diced (75 g)
- 1 cup long grain rice (200 g)
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth (360 mL)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400?F (200?C).
- In a large bowl evenly season chicken thighs with salt pepper paprika and parsley.
- On high heat olive oil in a oven-proof pot and place chicken thighs skin-side down in the hot oil. Cook 5-6 minutes or the thighs develop brown crispy skin and flip over.
- Cook an additional 5-6 minutes to brown the other side and remove from the pot.
- Add the garlic and onions to the pot and cook until the onions are transparent.
- Pour in the rice and chicken broth to the pot and season with salt and pepper. Stir well bringing to a boil.
- Add the chicken thighs back into the pot skin-side up on top of the rice bring back to a boil and cover with a lid.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the rice is fully cooked.
- NOTE: For a crispy skin remove chicken thighs and broil.
This article and recipe adapted from this site