Easy No-bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- 7 ounces (about 2 cups) chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 7 tablespoons butter melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (9 ounces) bittersweet chocolate melted and cooled to room temperature (see note)
- For the crust combine the chocolate graham cracker crumbs sugar and melted butter together in a small bowl until the mixture looks sandy and wet. Press the crust mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides about an inch of a 9-inch springform pan or into a 9.5-inch pie plate. Refrigerate while making the filling.
- For the filling in a large bowl with an electric hand mixer (or in an electric stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment) mix the cream cheese until smooth and creamy 1-2 minutes. Add the powdered sugar and beat again for a minute or so until combined. Add the sour cream and vanilla and mix.
- Add the melted chocolate (make sure it is cool to room temperature!) and whip for 2-3 minutes until the mixture is extremely light and fluffy (this step is key to a creamy light cheesecake filling).
- Spread the cheesecake filling evenly over the prepared crust. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3-4 hours (or up to 12 hours) until chilled and set.
- For clean slices run a long thin knife under really hot water and wipe dry with a towel before slicing (repeat the hot water trick between each slice).
This article and recipe adapted from this site