Easy Grilled Chicken Margherita
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to less than 1 inch thickness
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (OR 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano + 1/4 teaspoon dried basil + 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup basil pesto (try my Easy 5 Minute Pesto Recipe – it s the best!!) https://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/easy-5-minute-pesto-15-ways-to-use-it/
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves very thinly sliced
- cracked black pepper
- In a large bowl combine chicken salt and pepper olive oil garlic power and Italian seasoning. Toss to combine.
- Grill chicken over medium-high heat for about 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked through. Top each piece of chicken with a slice of mozzarella cheese and cook another minute or so until melted.
- Toss tomatoes lemon juice and basil together. Top each chicken breast with about 3 tablespoons pesto a scoop of tomatoes and some freshly cracked black pepper. Serve immediately.
This article and recipe adapted from this site