Easy Creamed Spinach Chicken
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. paprika
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 10 oz. baby spinach
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 3/4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 c. freshly grated parmesan
- Crusty bread for serving (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium heat heat 1 tablespoon oil. Season chicken with paprika salt and pepper and cook until golden and no longer pink 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining tablespoon oil. Add onion and cook until soft 5 minutes then add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add spinach in batches until wilted.
- Pour over heavy cream and chicken broth and simmer 3 minutes. Add mozzarella and Parmesan and stir until melted then return chicken to skillet and simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve creamed spinach spooned over chicken with bread if using.
This article and recipe adapted from this site