Easy Chocolate Magic Custard Cake
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cup sugar
- 110g butter (1/2 cup) melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup and 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups milk lukewarm
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 320F (160C).
- Grease a 8×8 inch baking pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Separate egg whites and yolks.
- Beat egg whites in a bowl until stiff and put aside.
- Whisk egg yolks vanilla extract and sugar until creamy.
- Add melted butter and mix for half a minute.
- Add the flour and unsweetened cocoa powder. Mix with a whisk until incorporated well.
- Pour the milk gradually and continue whisking.
- Add in the egg whites one third at a time and gently stir with a whisk. Don’t overmix just stir until combined.
- Pour this runny batter into the baking pan and bake for 60 minutes.
- The centre of the cake will still be jiggly when removed from oven.
- Let it cool for about half an hour and then remove from the pan. When it reaches room temperature chill it at least for an hour.
- Slice it in the size you like and dust with powdered sugar right before serving. You can garnish it with fresh fruit too.
- Keep it in refrigerator until you finish it all.
This article and recipe adapted from this site