Easy Chocolate Ganache Recipe
Easy Chocolate Ganache
- 24 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 16 oz (1 pint) heavy whipping cream
- To start grab your heavy whipping cream. You can just as easily buy a pint of heavy whipping cream and use the whole thing skipping the scale but I only had a quart on hand so I’ll be weighing mine out.
- Place your bowl on the scale and zero it out.
- Pour 16 oz of heavy whipping cream (should be about 2 cups or a pint).
- (my scale is reading 1 lb 0 oz… or 16 oz)
- Place bowl of whipping cream into the microwave for 2-3 minutes. You want it to be hot but not boiling. Pour chocolate chips into hot whipping cream.
- Shimmy the bowl back and forth so that the chocolate settles to the bottom and is completely covered by the hot whipping cream. Let the bowl set for a few minutes to allow the hot whipping cream to soften the chocolate.
- Then grab your whisk and stir…
- …and stir…
- …and stir…
- … and stir until you get a smooth chocolate sauce. Don’t be afraid to throw it back in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time if the chocolate doesn’t seem to be incorporating.
- What you have now is a ganache sauce which can be used to glaze a cake dip a cupcake coat a truffle or even be used for fondue.
- If you are looking for a thicker frosting consistency to the ganache you simply let it cool. Cover it with plastic wrap and throw it in the fridge for about 3 hours or until it’s firm.
- And that’s really it! Just spoon it into a piping bag and frost your cupcakes! …Or eat it by the spoonful. I’m not going to pretend like it’s never happened. 😉
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here