Easy Chicken Tikka Masala
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 medium sweet onion diced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- In a large saucepan of 2 cups water cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken and onion to the stockpot and cook until golden about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste garlic ginger garam masala chili powder and turmeric until fragrant about 1 minute.
- Stir in tomato sauce and chicken stock; season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer stirring occasionally until reduced and slightly thickened about 10 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream until heated through about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately with rice garnished with cilantro if desired.
Read Full Recipe >>>> Click Here