Easy Chicken Green Chili Casserole
- 2 lb shredded chicken cooked
- 3 T taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup chili verde salsa (chunky works best)
- 1 4 oz can of mild green chilis drained
- 16 oz cottage cheese
- 5 oz sliced or shredded Colby jack or Mexican blend cheese
- Sour cream optional
- Green onions optional
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a medium sized bowl mix the taco seasoning salsa green chilis and cottage cheese
- Mix in the shredded chicken and blend well
- Spray your baking dish with nonstick cooking spreay
- Spoon mixture into an 11×7 baking dish
- Top the casserole with the sliced or shredded cheese
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Garnish with green onions if desired
- Serve with sour cream and salsa optional
- We pre-cooked our chicken right before making the casserole so the chicken was still warm If you re starting with cold precooked chicken you may need to cook the casserole a little longer.
- Using regular cottage cheese instead of light is recommended light cottage cheese will add more liquid to the mixture
- Using a chunkier salsa instead of a runnier salsa is also recommended. A salsa with more liquid may leave a little liquid in the bottom of the casserole after cooking.
This article and recipe adapted from this site