Easy Bacon-wrapped Cheese-stuffed Chicken
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 (4 ounces each) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices thin cut bacon
- paprika to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- In a bowl combine cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Form into about 2 to 3-inch length and 1/2-inch thickness (make sure they will fit the cut you make on the chicken).
- Wrap each cheese log in plastic film and freeze for about 10 to 15 minutes or until firm.
- Trim chicken of any excess fat. Make a small slit on top of meat but not cutting all the way through.
- Remove the plastic film and insert the cheese log into the slit.
- Wrap chicken with bacon and place in a single layer on a cast iron skillet or baking dish.
- Season with paprika to taste and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Bake in a 400 F oven for about 30 to 35 minutes or until thermometer inserted in center of chicken reads 165 F.
- Broil for about 1 to 2 minutes or until bacon crisps. Serve hot.
This article and recipe adapted from this site