Delicious Honeybun Cake
Honeybun CakeThis article and recipe adapted from this site
- 1 (15.25 oz.) box yellow cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 c. sour cream
- 3/4 c. canola or vegetable oil
- 1 c. light brown sugar packed
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
For the Glaze:
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbl. milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine cake mix eggs sour cream and oil until well blended; set aside. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl. Spread half of the cake batter into a lightly greased 9×13-inch cake pan. Sprinkle with half of the brown sugar and cinnamon covering the entire cake. Spread the rest of the cake batter over layer and top with remaining sugar and cinnamon. Use a knife and swirl the batter.
- Bake for around 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Make the glaze: combine powdered sugar milk and vanilla until smooth and pour over the hot cake right when it comes out of the oven. Let set. Serve warm or at room temperature. You could add 1/3 cup of chopped pecans to the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture if you would like.