Delicious Hawaiian Grilled Huli Huli Chicken
- In a small bowl mix the first six ingredients. Reserve 1 1/3 cups for basting; cover and refrigerate. Divide remaining marinade between two large resealable plastic bags. Add 12 chicken thighs to each; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken covered over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink; baste occasionally with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes.
- 1 c brown sugar packed
- 3/4 c ketchup
- 3/4 c low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 c chicken broth
- 2 1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 24 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 5 lbs) (This makes a TON – I made half a batch) if you use bone in cook longer till no more pink or temp reads 165f degrees
This article and recipe adapted from this site