Delicious Fluffy Pancakes
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour sifted
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 tbsp White Sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 Large Egg beaten
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter melted
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Canola Oil (or any other vegetable oil) for cooking
- Combine flour sugar salt and baking powder into a bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix the egg milk vanilla and melted butter together. Be careful not to use hot melted butter as that may end up cooking your eggs!
- Pour the wet ingredient mixture into the dry ingredients and stir till mostly incorporated. The batter should be thick and a little lumpy but without any visible streaks of flour. If it is too thick to work with add a little milk. Set the batter aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed non-stick pan over a low-medium heat and coat it with oil. Use a 1/4 cup measure to scoop and drop the batter into the pan so that you get evenly-sized pancakes.
- Cook until the first side is golden brown or until the top surface forms bubbles. Flip and repeat on the other side. Adjust heat accordingly. Serve while still hot.
This article and recipe adapted from this site