Crockpot Chicken And Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs see note below
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion chopped
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- grated Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley optional for serving
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken thighs and brown on both sides about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to slow cooker and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- To the same hot skillet add the onion and mushrooms. Cook stirring scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook until onions and mushrooms start to soften and onions brown slightly about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Transfer onions mushrooms and garlic to the slow cooker.
- To the slow cooker add the dried oregano garlic powder paprika and chicken broth. Stir gently.
- Cook on low setting for 4-5 hours or high setting for 2-2½ hours until chicken is cooked through. (Chicken should register at least 165° F on an instant read thermometer.)
- Stir in the orzo making sure it is all in contact with the liquid and cook on high for 15-20 minutes until orzo is tender. Orzo cooking time will depend on your slow cooker.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley as desired.
Read Full Recipe >>>> Click Here