Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic — minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Toasted sesame seeds — for serving
- Chopped green onions — for serving
- Prepared brown rice — quinoa or other whole grain for serving
- Place the chicken thighs in the bottom of a 6-quart or larger slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl or large measuring cup whisk together the soy sauce rice vinegar honey brown sugar garlic and ginger. Pour over the chicken thighs.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours until the chicken is tender and cooked through. Remove the chicken to a plate and shred with two forks. Strain the cooking liquid through a mesh sieve and into a medium saucepan.
- In a small bowl whisk together the cornstarch and water until smooth. Add to the strained cooking liquid whisk to incorporate then heat the saucepan over medium high stirring constantly until the sauce bubbles. Continue cooking and stirring until glossy and thickened 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the chicken to the sauce. Toss to coat. Serve warm with rice or quinoa garnished with sesame seeds and green onions as desired.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE