Crock Pot Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken Recipe
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 6 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Chicken broth
- 3/4 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 large Chicken breast (6 oz each)
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1/2 cup Sun-dried tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 cup Spinach (chopped packed)
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for about a minute until fragrant.
- Add the cream and chicken broth. Bring to a gentle simmer then set heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes. The sauce will still be thin but thicken enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Meanwhile place the chicken at the bottom of a slow cooker. Season lightly with Italian seasoning sea salt and black pepper. Top with sun-dried tomatoes.
- When the sauce is ready keep it at low heat but not simmering. Whisk in the Parmesan cheese 1/4 cup at a time until smooth. Adjust salt to taste if desired.
- Pour the sauce evenly over the chicken in the slow cooker. Try to get as much sauce as possible on top of the chicken and less on the bottom.
- Cook for 3-4 hours on High or 6-8 hours on Low.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and set aside. The sauce in the slow cooker will be thin due to liquid released by the chicken but the top of the chicken will have a layer of sauce that sticks to it.
- Turn the slow cooker on High if it isn t already. Add the chopped spinach and stir for a few minutes until the spinach wilts.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker and spoon the liquid spinach and sun-dried tomatoes on top or just pour them over the chicken to serve.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE