Creamy Mushroom Chicken And Wild Rice Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound mushrooms sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup wild rice blend
- 1 1/2 cups chicken cooked and diced or shredded
- 1 cup milk or cream
- 1 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan) grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium-high heat add the mushrooms and onion and cook until the mushrooms have released their liquids and the liquid has evaporated about 10-15 minutes before setting aside.
- Melt the butter in the pan add the onions carrots and celery and cook until tender about 8-10 minutes.
- Mix in the garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant about a minute.
- Add the broth rice chicken and mushrooms bring to a boil reduce the heat and simmer covered until the rice is tender about 20-30 minutes.
- Mix in the milk and cheese and cook until the cheese has melted before seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE