Creamy Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- 6 Chicken Thighs (bone in skin on)
- 3/4 cup / 180ml Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup / 125ml Heavy/Double Cream
- 3.5oz / 100g Pancetta (can sub bacon)
- 2 Shallots finely diced
- 2 cloves of Garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Wholegrain Mustard
- few sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Place in chicken thighs skin side down and fry until crispy. Season with a heavy pinch of salt & pepper then flip. Turn down to medium heat season again then fry until white through the centre. Remove from pan and pour out excess fat.
- Add Pancetta and fry until it begins to brown. If there’s excess fat then drain (a couple of tsp left is fine) then add your shallots and fry until soft. Add garlic and fry for a minute or so longer just until it catches colour.
- Pour in chicken stock cream honey both mustards and stir to combine. Add thyme and allow to simmer until it begins to thicken. Season to taste then add chicken thighs back in the pan.
This article and recipe adapted from this site