Creamy Coconut Cheesecake
- 1½ c. crushed vanilla wafers (30-35 wafers)
- 5 T. sugar
- ½ c. sweetened coconut
- 4 T. unsalted butter
- 3 — 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs
- 7 oz. coconut milk
- ½ tsp. coconut extract
- 1½ c. heavy whipping cream
- 3 T powdered sugar
- 2 T. coconut milk
- ¼ tsp. coconut extract
- ½ c. toasted coconut
Here s how…
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop vanilla wafers in a food processor until crumbs.
- Add in sugar and coconut and pulse until combined.
- Drizzle in the melted butter and pulse to combine.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 10 springform pan.
- Bake 10 minutes or until set. Remove and cool.
- Reduce oven temp to 325 degrees.
- Combine room temperature cream cheese with sugar cornstarch vanilla bean paste and salt and mix until combined.
- Beat eggs and pour into cream cheese an egg or so at a time mixing between eggs.
- Add in coconut milk and coconut extract. Mix until smooth.
- Pour into cooled crust and bake for about an hour or until all but the center is set. Do not remove from the oven but turn it off and keep the door open a crack and let the cheesecake cool completely. Refrigerate overnight.
- To serve put the whipping cream into a mixing bowl and use the whisk attachment to whip to soft peaks.
- Fold in the remaining powdered sugar coconut milk and coconut extract.
- Spread over the top and then sprinkle with toasted coconut (instructions above).
Base Recipe adapted from site