Creamy Chicken Casserole
Ingredientschicken & marinade-
- 3 chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp ground paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 3/4 tsp table salt
- 26 oz cream of chicken soup can family size
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp ground paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 oz bacon 1/2 pack cooked
- 6 oz mushrooms sliced and sauteed
- 6 oz shredded cheese four cheese or mozzarella
- oil for frying
- Cut chicken breast into medium pieces (About 6-7 pieces per chicken).
- Prepare the marinade. Combine the milk eggs and salt. Place the chicken pieces into the mixture and let marinade 4 hours (or overnight).The longer it marinades the softer the chicken will become.
- Combine the ingredients for the flour mixture; the flour paprika pepper and salt.
- Take the chicken from the marinade and coat generously in the flour mixture. (Discard of the marinade.)
- Add enough oil to the skillet to completely cover the bottom of the skillet turn on med/high heat. Once the oil is hot fry 6-8 minutes until chicken is crispy turning as needed. Don t crowd the skillet. (Using two skillets works quicker.)
- While chicken is frying prepare the cream mixture; combine cream of chicken soup sour cream water salt paprika and pepper.
- Once chicken cooks transfer onto a plate lined with paper towel.
- Cover the bottom of a 9 x13 dish with some of the cream.
- Add the chicken pieces to the casserole dish.
- Completely cover with the remaining cream. (If preparing the night before and will be cooking it the following day wait for the chicken to cool before covering with the cream.)
- Add half of the cheese. Add the cooked bacon and sauteed mushrooms. Sprinkle remaining cheese.
- Bake 350° for 30 minutes covered with foil. Remove foil and continue baking another 15-20 minutes until cheese melts and cream bubbles everywhere.
This article and recipe adapted from this site