Cream Cheese And Herb Stuffed Chicken
- 4 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 (6 oz each) boneless skinless chicken breasts (24 oz total)
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cream cheese with the parsley dill chives and garlic and mash together using a spatula until mixed.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife slice the breasts from the side (creating a top and bottom) almost all the way through. Open each breast at the slit. Divide the cream cheese mixture evenly amongst the four breasts and spread across the surface of one side (leaving the other half empty to fold over the filling). When all four breasts are topped on one side fold the empty half over the filling to make a stuffed breast. Sprinkle each stuffed and closed breast with salt and pepper flip them over and sprinkle the bottom side as well.
- In a large skillet add the oil and bring over medium-high heat. Working in batches of two at a time so as not to crowd the pan add the stuffed chicken breasts to the pan and cook for about 1-2 minute(s) until the bottoms are seared golden. Flip the breasts and cook for another minute on the other side to do the same. Transfer the breasts to the prepared baking sheet and place in the pre-heated oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes until chicken is fully cooked through.
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here