Chocolate Peanut Butter Christmas Trees
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup unsalted butter-melted
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 10–12 oz. chocolate chips or chocolate chopped in small pieces (I used half of semi-sweet and half of milk chocolate )
- Line 8 x 8 inch dish with parchment paper leaving the paper overhang the sides so you can easily lift it later and set aside.
- Then in a mixing bowl stir together peanut butter melted butter brown sugar vanilla and salt until sugar dissolve. Next gradually mix in powdered sugar.
- Press the mixture into prepared dish. Smooth the top with spatula or simply press it with your palms to flatten into about ½ inch thick layer.
- Place it in the freezer until firm enough for cutting.
- When the mixture is firm enough line a tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using Christmas tree cookie cutter cut out the trees and place them on the tray. Place them in the freezer for 45-60 minutes until completely firm.
- Then melt the chocolate and line another tray with parchment paper.
- Using a fork dip each tree into melted chocolate to cover completely. Gently tap the fork to drip of the excess of chocolate. (Since the peanut butter mixture softens really fast at the room temperature I suggest you to take just a few trees at the time from the freezer because it’s easier to work with the firm trees!!!) Place chocolate covered Christmas trees on the parchment paper lined tray. Refrigerate until chocolate has set.
- Store in the fridge or freeze for longer storage.
- I made 18 Christmas trees but the number depends on the size of your cookie cutter. Mine was about 1 ¾ x 2 ¼ inches. Don’t waste any batter pick up leftovers kneed press with your palms and you will be able to cut out at least 2-3 more trees.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here