Chicken Piccata With Lemon Sauce
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth divided
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice divided
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow dish combine the egg substitute 2 tablespoons wine 2 tablespoons lemon juice garlic and hot pepper sauce. In another shallow dish combine the flour Parmesan cheese parsley and salt. Coat chicken with flour mixture dip in egg substitute mixture then coat again with flour mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet brown four chicken breast halves in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. Drain drippings. Repeat with remaining chicken and oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan melt butter. Add the remaining wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Boil uncovered until sauce is reduced by a fourth. Drizzle over chicken.
This article and recipe adapted from this site