Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 3/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1-1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 small onion grated (or minced)
- 2 tablespoons + 1 cup marinara sauce (divided)
- 1/2 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- Set aside 1 cup marinara 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all remaining ingredients (chicken breadcrumbs 1 cup Parmesan garlic onion 2 tablespoons marinara sauce Italian seasoning basil parsley salt pepper and egg). Mix well do not over mix or you will have tough meatballs.
- Using a 1-1/2 tablespoon scoop portion out meat mixture and place on baking sheet. After all meatballs have been scooped onto tray roll into balls.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until lightly browned.
- Turn oven to broil.
- Drizzle a spoonful of marinara over each meatball. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes until cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve and enjoy!
This article and recipe adapted from this site