Chicken In Roasted Pepper Sauce
- 1 lb. chicken breast about 4 slices (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 12 oz. jar of roasted peppers divided
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk or cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 handful spinach
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes optional
- 1 tsp. paprika or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. salt or to taste
- Puree 6 oz. of roasted pepper in a smoothie cup or with a hand chopper until smooth. Chop the remaining 6 oz. of peppers. Set aside.
- Season the chicken with salt and paprika.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of avocado oil to a large non-stick skillet. When it’s hot add the chicken and fry for about 4-5 minutes on each side until just cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- To the same skillet add the onions and garlic. Cook stirring for 2 minutes and then add the vegetable or chicken broth. Keep cooking until the liquid evaporates and the onions soften nicely.
- Add the chopped and pureed peppers. Cook stirring occasionally for 7-10 minutes until it starts looking thicker and the roasted peppers sweeten.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the coconut milk Parmesan and spinach. Stir and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Return the chicken to the skillet cover it with the sauce and simmer for 1 minute. Sprinkle some Parmesan on top. Serve.
This article and recipe adapted from this site