Chicken Fried Rice
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice preferably left over rice. Brown rice is fine too
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts diced into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons butter divided
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons tamari (gluten free) or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add 1/2 Tablespoon butter to the pan.
- Add the chicken salt and pepper generously and cook until chicken is cooked through about 6 – 7 minutes.
- Put the cooked chicken on a clean plate and set aside.
- Add a tablespoon of butter to the pan.
- Cook the onions carrots and peas until tender about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook one more minute.
- Push the veggies aside and scramble the eggs on the empty side of the pan.
- Stir everything together and add the last 1/2 tablespoon butter to the pan.
- Add the rice green onions soy sauce and chicken and combine.
- Allow the rice to fry and get a little toasty by leaving it alone for a minute.
- Stir everything up and allow the rice to sort of crisp up again.
- Turn off the heat and add the sesame oil.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.
This article and recipe adapted from this site