Cherry Pie Bars
INGREDIENTS:For the bars:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter softened
- 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 (21 ounce) cherry pie filling
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and beat well. Beat in extracts.
- In a separate bowl combine flour and salt. Add to the creamed mixture. Mix until combined.
- Grease a 8×8-inch pan. Spread 1 1/2 cups batter into bottom of the pan. Spread with pie filling. Drop remaining batter on top of pie filling.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes clean. Cool on wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over the cooled bars.
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here