Cheesy Southwestern Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 15 Ounce Jar Tostitos Salsa Con Queso
- 1 Can Cream of Potato Soup
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 3/4 Cups Chicken Broth or 1 14.5 ounce can *see note
- 1/2 Can Fire Roasted Diced Green Chiles * see note
- 2 Cups Frozen Corn *see note
- 1 Packet Taco Seasoning *see note
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Cilantro fresh *see note plus more for garnish
- Tostitos Scoops Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on each side of the chicken and place in a baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and using two forks shred the meat and set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat add the salsa con queso cream of potato soup sour cream and chicken broth.
- Whisk to combine.
- Switch to a wooden spoon and stir in the chiles corn taco seasoning cilantro and chicken.
- Bring to a simmer and serve or keep on low for an hour or two.
- Serve with Tostitos Scoops chips.
- Store in a plastic container sealed in the fridge for up to 1 week. Do not freeze.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE