Caramel Milky Way Cheesecake Bars
IngredientsFor the Cookie Layer
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups chopped Milky Way candy bars (I used the Caramel Apple ones)
For the Cheesecake Layer
- 1 – 8 ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 Tablespoons flour
For the Topping
- 4 ounces caramel candies (about 14 squares)
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1Tablespoon heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 pan with foil. Spray it with nonstick spray.
- Cream the butter shortening and sugars until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour crumbs baking soda and salt and slowly add to the butter mixture.
- Stir in the candies by hand. Press half the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add the egg caramel and flour and beat again. Pour the cheesecake mixture on top of the cookie dough in the pan.
- Crumble the rest of the cookie dough gently on top of the cheesecake.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Let cool on the counter for 1-2 hours. Refrigerate 4-6 hours.
- Place the caramels and heavy cream in a small saucepan. Heat and stir until melted and creamy. Let cool slightly. Drizzle over the top of the cooled bars.
- In a small microwave safe bowl place the chocolate chips and heavy cream. Heat for 20 seconds. Stir and repeat until melted and smooth.
- Place in a bag and cut one corner off. Drizzle over the cookie bars. Let set. Cut into 16 squares. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Read Full Recipe >>>> Click Here