California Chicken Veggie Avocado And Rice Bowls
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 4 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or basil chopped (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- kosher salt and black pepper
THE RICE + VEGGIES + AVOCADO
- 2 red bell peppers cut into fourths
- 1 zucchini sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 avocados mashed very well
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced or grated
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta goat or blue cheese
- In a gallon-size zip-top bag or bowl combine the olive oil garlic lemon zest onion powder cayenne smoked paprika rosemary parsley and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken and toss well to coat. Marinate for 10 minutes or up to overnight in the fridge.
- In a gallon-size zip-top bag or bowl combine the red peppers zucchini and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Set your grill grill pan or skillet to medium-high heat.
- Grill the chicken for 3-4 minutes per side until chicken is cooked through and has light char marks. While the chicken is grilling grill the peppers and zucchini for 4-5 minutes on each side or until charred. Remove everything from the grill and let cool 5 minutes. Once cool slice the red peppers into strips.
- In a medium bowl combine the avocado lemon juice parsley and garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble divide the rice among 4 bowls or plates. Top each bowl of rice with equal amounts of chicken grilled peppers and zucchini. Add a large dollop of avocado and then add the fresh tomatoes and walnuts. Sprinkle with cheese (if desired). EAT!
This article and recipe adapted from this site