- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter softened
- 2/3 cup (140g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract*
- 2 cups (283g) all-purpose flour (scoop and level to measure)
- 2 tsp milk
- Chocolate or candy melts optional (see notes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together butter sugar and salt until combined.
- Mix in egg yolks and vanilla.
- Add flour and mix until crumbly then add in milk (if needed add in another 1 – 2 tsp milk for a more pipe-able consistency add as little as possible for less spreading though).
- Transfer to a 16-inch piping bag fitted with a large open star tip (I like the Ateco 826 or 827 here smaller tips won t work as well for piping this thick batter).
- Pipe dough into rounds onto two ungreased baking sheets (if you normally have issues with cookies spreading chill them for 30 minutes on baking sheet before baking).
- Bake one sheet at a time in preheated oven until golden brown on bottom about 12 – 16 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
This article and recipe adapted from this site