Blueberry Crumb Cake Recipe
INGREDIENTSFOR THE CAKE:
- ½ cup (120g) of butter
- ¾ cup (150g) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 2 cups (240g) of flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2.5ml) salt
- ½ cup (120 ml) milk
- 2 cups (300g) fresh blueberries
- 1 cup (200g) of sugar
- ½ cup (120g) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- ½ cup (120g) butter
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Spray a square 10” x 10” (25cm x 25cm) pan with baking spray. Set aside
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat together butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy add eggs one at a time and beat well until light and fluffy add vanilla. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine flour baking powder and salt whisk together. Add flour mixture in thirds alternating with the milk until a batter forms. Remove bowl from the mixer.
- Fold in blueberries. Transfer batter to pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together the topping. Add the sugar flour and cinnamon. Whisk to combine. Cut in butter with hands until small crumbs form. Sprinkle topping on top of batter until a layer is formed and batter is fully covered.
- Bake 40-45 mins until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely. Run sharp knife along perimeter of cake to loosen before removing it. Cut into 9 squares and serve!
This article and recipe adapted from this site