- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (11 ounce) bag caramels unwrapped
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1½ cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place butter brown sugar flour oats baking soda and salt in a medium size bowl. Using an electric hand mixer beat together until combined. Press ¾ of the cookie dough mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. (It will be a thin layer) Bake or about 15 min or until lightly browned. Do not overbake.
- While the crust is baking melt the 3 Tablespoons butter heavy cream and caramels over very low heat. Stir constantly and only keep on low heat as this can burn easily. Cook just until just melted and smooth. Pour melted caramel mixture over warm baked crust. Sprinkle milk chocolate chips evenly over caramel.
- Crumble remaining cookie dough evenly over chocolate and caramel. Carefully place back in oven for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool completely before cutting into bars. Serve and enjoy!
- Yields: 18 bars
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here