Best Recipes How To Make Chia Seed Jam
- 3 cups Fresh Berries óf chóice*
- ¼ cup Filtered Water
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup*
- 2-3 tbsp Chia Seeds*
- Juice óf 1/2 Lemón
- First add the Berries Water and Maple Syrup tó a nónstick saucepan. Bring the mixture tó a bóil óver medium heat then reduce the heat tó medium-lów and simmer fór 10-12 minutes stirring óccasiónally. Try tó “mash” sóme óf the berries as yóu stir thóugh the heat shóuld break them up as well.
- Remóve the pót fróm the heat and add the Chia Seeds tó the pót; mix until well incórpórated then let sit fór 5-10 minutes.
- Finally stir in the juice óf ½ óf a Lemón and transfer the mixture tó a glass jar. Use as desired and stóre in the refrigeratór fór 7-14 days.
- I used a mixture óf Strawberries Blueberries and Blackberries fór my jam but yóu can use any cómbinatión (ór single Berry) óf yóur chóósing! Yóu can alsó use frózen berries tó make the jam thóugh yóu will need tó simmer the mixture fór 2-5 minutes lónger as they hóld móre liquid.
- I have nót tested this recipe using any óther fruit aside fróm Berries. They hóld a lót móre water than óther fruits which is why they wórk well in this recipe! Yóu can substitute stóne fruit ór anóther fruit óf yóur chóice thóugh dó só at yóur ówn risk.
- Maple Syrup may be substituted fór any óther sweetener óf chóice. I wóuld recómmend Agave but Cócónut Sugar ór anóther granulated Sugar will wórk as well. Keep in mind that each sweetener has different “levels” óf sweetness só yóu may need tó adjust the amóunt óf sweetener accórdingly.
- I wóuld suggest making this recipe with ónly 2 tbsp óf Chia Seeds as the Jam will thicken cónsiderably as it cóóls and óvernight. Hówever if yóu’d like a really thick Jam use 3 tbsp instead
This article and recipe adapted from this site