Best Recipes Caramel Praline Sheet Cake
- 1½ cups chopped pecans
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup shortening
- 2 cups brown sugar
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Lay a sheet of parchment paper on flat surface.
- Heat medium size skillet over medium high heat. Place pecans in skillet and cook for 1 to 2 minutes stirring constantly. Add brown sugar and stir constantly until brown sugar is melted and coats the pecans. Dump the nuts onto parchment paper and separate the nuts while they cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium sauce pan combine butter water and shortening. Bring to a boil. After mixture reaches a boil remove from heat and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in brown sugar and continue to stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add buttermilk then baking soda then eggs then vanilla in that order mixing in-between each addition.
- Add flour and stir until smooth.
- Pour into a greased 15x10x1 inch cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool.
- While cake is cooling combine butter cream and brown sugar in medium sauce pan. Stir over medium heat until mixture begins to boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in powder sugar and vanilla.
- Pour frosting evenly over top.
- Sprinkle with pralines.
This article and recipe adapted from this site